Small milling machine
The Roland Modela MDX-20 is used for precision 3D milling and 3D scanning, as well as for circuit board milling.
A variety of tools can be used with this machine, including straight-end mills or cutters for rough cuts and square edges, or ball-end mills for finishing. The MDX-20 mills ABS, acrylic, woods, plaster, styrene foam, chemical wood, modeling wax, and light metals such as aluminum and brass. 3D model jobs can take a very long time (12h or more).
- Working area: 200 mm x 160 mm
- Maximum part size: 203.2 mm x 152.4 mm x 60.5 mm
- Resolution: 0.025 mm/step
- Mechanical resolution: 0.00625 mm/step
- Software used: for 3D milling Roland Modela player, for circuit boards Cad.py (Linux)
- Acceptable file formats: STL, PNG
- 3D Scanning functions: probe length 60 mm (2-5/16 in.), bulb diameter 0.08 mm (0.00315 in.)
- Scanning speed : 4-15 mm/sec. (1/8-9/16 in./sec.)
- Exportable file formats : DXF, VRML, STL, 3DMF, IGES, Grayscale, Point Group and BMP